Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Back Again with Reviews and Regrets

Before I start posting on all the amazing London happenings that have gone on in the past week, I'm going to have to start out with some regrets.

If anyone's been to the following gigs, let me know how they were. (And if they were really amazing, pity me and undersell them...I had the flu and couldn't go!)

The Zombies @ Millfield Arts Centre
Tim Finn (Crowded House) @ Scala
Boy Kill Boy @ Astoria
Silvery @ Club NME
Royal Treatment Plant @ Borderline
Long Blondes @ Mean Fiddler

Now on to happier thoughts, upcoming posts in the next day or so on:

1. Saturday - The incredible Night of the Vaguely Dead Halloween party at the Coronet Theatre in Elephant and Castle.
2. Sunday - The fabulous celebration of composer Carl Davis' 70th Birthday at Queen Elizabeth Hall, where he conducted the London Philharmonic through Charlie Chaplin's "The Fireman" and Buster Keaton's "Our Hospitality."
3. Monday - The extremely thought-provoking even if headache-producing film from philosopher and psychoanalyst Slavoj Zizek, "The Pervert's Guide To Cinema."
4. Finally, just returned from tonight's London screening of "Before the Music Dies" - a film which might not be totally groundbreaking (but will still be entertaining and nod-inducing) to your avid blog reader and indie scenester but which could make an impact on the American music industry if pushed in the cinemas to your average audience.


Right, getting to work now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


"Got a hunger, can't seem to get full,
I need some meaning I can memorise,
The kind I have always seems to slip my         mind..."
                      -- Bright Eyes,
                  'Lover I Don't Have To Love'