Friday, March 31, 2006

GUILLEMOTS GUILLEMOTS GUILLEMOTS - Review!

Can you say amazing? Say it again. I've already posted on the Guillemots, but having seen them live at King's College yesterday, I can't help but go on about them.

Firstly, lets get this out of the way. Fyfe is not only extremely talented - he's adorable, you can't help falling for him.



Now on to the music.



The best song of the night was "Blue Will Still Be Blue" - a song Fyfe does on his own, standing with a tiny toy keyboard in hand, on stage with no mic. Really magical.

"Trains To Brazil" was a highlight, where they stopped dead in the middle for some tomfoolery and then got right back to where they left off.





I was right up there in front of the stage, and this gig was truly fantastic. Expect big things from these guys. Glad to have seen them before stardom hits. Catch them again on May 30th at Scala.

Download:

Trains To Brazil - Guillemots
Who Left The Lights Off Baby - Guillemots
Blue Would Still Be Blue - Guillemots

Buy:

We're Here (EP) (RecordStore.co.uk)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog by mistake, but it is now one of my bookmarks. I love hearing about new indie rock artists, and the Guillemots are one of my new favorites. I will be checking back! Good luck.
Gina Gonzalez

Mon Apr 03, 01:23:00 am BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home


"Got a hunger, can't seem to get full,
I need some meaning I can memorise,
The kind I have always seems to slip my         mind..."
                      -- Bright Eyes,
                  'Lover I Don't Have To Love'