Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Theatre Review: The Revenger's Tragedy

So I'm not exactly a "theatre person" so some might argue I have absolutely no right to pose as a reviewer - on the other hand, I saw something I liked, so I'm posting.

Last week I saw Gavin McAlinden's production of "The Revenger's Tragedy." Starring Kris Marshall (of "My Family" and "Love Actually" fame), this small production at the Southwark Playhouse here in London really got to me. Managing to be comedic yet at the same time a depressing cynical view of this corrupt world, I had to come back for a second time!

Especially of note is Linda Marlowe's character (Vindici's mother), who brought a particular humanity yet elegance to the tiny stage of the playhouse. The intimacy of the Southwark Playhouse really enhances the experience, as does the dramatic, moody background music.



While I believe the professional reviews were mixed, I say it's a go. And as you know I'm always right!

The play is only on till Saturday, and unfortunately for you all, it is completely sold out already! But you can always do what we did, go at 6:30 (they won't put you on the list before then) and add your name for the waitlist. Then come back at around 7:15 and see if there are any last minute cancellations - we lucked out both times!

See the official page for more info, and good luck getting in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


"Got a hunger, can't seem to get full,
I need some meaning I can memorise,
The kind I have always seems to slip my         mind..."
                      -- Bright Eyes,
                  'Lover I Don't Have To Love'