Friday, March 17, 2006

Featured Band: Kubb

Yes, I've been awful and irresponsible on updating. I'm sorry.

But here to make it up to you are Kubb. Think Keane meets James Blunt meets Muse.

While I was dissapointed to find they had studio writers and don't pen their own songs, I'm still giving them a shot. Maybe because I've been totally seduced by lead singer Harry Collier's voice.

My favorite would probably be "Somebody Else", simply amazing.

Songs like "If I Can't Have You" and "Wicked Soul" have a fun, funky, maybe even ska-like sound at times. "If I Can't Have You" also reminds me of a softer, British version of Maroon 5. For better or for worse.

In fact, I would say Kubb is the British answer to Maroon 5. And just like them, they can be beautiful and flowy - and at other times, just boring pop. But definitely worth checking out, as I predict they will be big.



Visit their official site for official news, tour dates and downloads. They hit London on March 24th. They also have a My Space (who doesn't these days?) where you can actually download their music (nice to see.)

I've posted two of my favorites, with two more available on My Space. Enjoy!

Download:

Wicked Soul - Kubb
Somebody Else - Kubb

Buy:

Mother- Kubb (Amazon)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


"Got a hunger, can't seem to get full,
I need some meaning I can memorise,
The kind I have always seems to slip my         mind..."
                      -- Bright Eyes,
                  'Lover I Don't Have To Love'