Sunday, March 05, 2006

Just Not "Feeling" It

So I tried, I really did.

There have been favorable reviews everywhere on up-and-coming band The Feeling.

I listened to the song "Modern Classic" - found it typical but with potential for a lot more. (Listen here.)

The Feeling played live at Fopp, an independent record store near Covent Garden, London. I figured I'd give them a chance.



After seeing them perform - and meeting them - I can say they are adorable and very sweet - just, unfortunately, not that special! Yes, I bought their new EP "Sewn" - their music is bearable, and melodic. Its not that I dislike them - I just can't find a reason to really like them. There's just so much better out there right now!
(You're much better off checking out The Guillemots, see Friday.)

Some have predicted that all the hype about The Feeling is due to the success of James Blunt, (who I can admit to occasionally liking) which has set the stage for a new influx of bland soft rock.

Lets hope not.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome site, Britt. Love the 3 pix on top! I'll definetly check out the Guillemots!
Lotza luv,
Marlee

Sun Mar 05, 01:58:00 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home


"Got a hunger, can't seem to get full,
I need some meaning I can memorise,
The kind I have always seems to slip my         mind..."
                      -- Bright Eyes,
                  'Lover I Don't Have To Love'